Alberta Emergency Plan
The plan serves as the provincial strategy to direct an integrated cross-government approach to emergency management within the province. It establishes the Alberta Emergency Management Agency as the co-coordinating body for the government’s emergency plans and as the entity that ensures all partners work within a common framework. The plan is designed to ensure the protection of people, property, communities, environment and economies from the effects of emergencies and disasters.
- Presents a description of the Alberta emergency management system.
- Reference to the government's business continuity oplan and hazard-specific plans.
- Outlines the roles and responsibilities of government ministries and emergency management: partners in the emergency management system.
- Delineates the preparation, implementation and maintenance of plans required by government ministries and local authorities.
- Describes the general procedures for coordination of provincial emergencies.